Full Beard Poster #3



So I thought it would be a god idea to print off the poster at the size that I eventually want to screen print it at (A2). I've got it hanging in my kitchen just to get a feel for the scale of it and how it works at that size.

This version was worked up in Illustrator. I traced over the scan of my sketch with the pen tool, which has resulted in clean finish and has left me wondering whether there needs to be a bit more going on.

To add a little more interest and draw people in I'm thinking that more hair might be a good idea. In my first post about this poster I said that I would like to create something that people might have to look twice at to 'get' what the picture was of. I don't think that is happening yet, but by making it busier with more curls and ruffles going on in the beard I think I could get there.

The next thing that I will have to figure out is how to best tackle drawing the nose and mouth, ie, what technique to use; simple, cartoonish style or a more realistic finish. Hopefully though, once I've got the beard right the answer to this problem should become apparent.

0 comments:

 

Copyright Full Beard 2008 | No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.