Le Yeti by Fabrice Houdry





I spotted this book while in Barcelona and fell in love with it straight away.

It's a kids book written in French (I have a very limited grasp of the language) so I don't exactly represent the target audience, but it's just a dream book for any designer.

The illustrations are so simple but at the same time beautiful and (for a non-French reader) they totally tell the story. Saying that, the typography used throughout the book is also a treat.

In what seems like an unusual move for a kids book, the story is set in big sans serif type (Futura bold condensed I think, but feel free to correct me) rather than a handwritten or script face that I would imagine would be the norm for an illustrated kids book.

And saying that the Yeti is an admirable creature is always going to sound better in French that it would in English!

From what I can make out (limited French remember) the book it written and illustrated by Fabrice Houndry. You can buy it here.

0 comments:

 

Copyright Full Beard 2008 | No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.