Art Vs Wall #4







For the second leg of my holiday I traveled to Spain, and managed to take in a couple of nights in Barcelona. (I know, pretty jet set).

One of things that stuck in my head from my previous visit to the city was the graffiti that seemed to be daubed over half of the city. But when I got there I noticed that the resident artists weren't so indiscriminate.

Pretty much all of the graffiti was contained to doors and shutters. It isn't of the highest standard, but what I liked about it was that each piece is kind of framed by the doorway that it is painted within.

Due to the magnificent architecture of Barcelona these 'frames' are often quite ornate, creating a real contrast between old and new, authority and rebellion etc. of the street art and the buildings. Intentional or not I don't know, but it's a pretty cool Barca trend.

0 comments:

 

Copyright Full Beard 2008 | No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.